Primary school charity

Primary school charity
Anna picking mushrooms

Thursday 3 March 2011

Saigon

We have arrived at our final destination. What a city. So bustling with crowds of people, I have never seen so many scooters/motorbikes in my life. I have left my trusty steed which has carried me far for two weeks. In that time, I managed to have a puncture and my chain came off and worst of all on the penultimate ride, I fell off! Such a relief to be helped onto a little wooden boat which took us sown the Mekon river to a kingly island with crocodiles on it. Tucked in the woods was a beautiful old wooden bungalow where we stayed the night on hard benches (we were offered hammocks, but they didn't have mosquito nets.

That evening we had a cooking demonstration where we learnt how to make Vietnamese spring rolls. There was no mains electricity so we cooked over an open fire. There was a generator for emergencies, but it wasn't used. They had a small shrine in memory of their father/grandfather. This type of religious called Confusciou

Z
For dinner we ate elephant ear fish which hade berb deep fried with garlic there were also our spring rolls which we had

No comments:

Post a Comment